As notified on our website and our Facebook Page, the Annual General Meeting of the Oratia United Sports Club shall be held in the clubrooms on the 31st January 2018 at 7.30 PM
The order of Business shall be:
- Roll Call
- Confirmation of Minutes
3a. Matters arising from previous minutes
- Annual Reports (Cricket and Football)
- Treasurers Report and Balance Sheet
- Alteration of Constitution if any (of which due notice has been given)
- Election of Honorary members if any (of which due notice has been given)
- Election of Life members if any (of which due notice has been given)
- Election of Board
- General Business
The Chairperson may vary the above order of business at his/her discretion.
Alteration of Constitution
There has been one motion of Alteration of Constitution received;
- It is moved that the clubs balance date be changed from October 31st to December 31st to better align with the income and expenditure cycles of football and cricket. After consultation with the clubs accountant is was moved C Stevens seconded P Goodburn the following alteration to the constitution be made to change the clubs balance date.
27.1 The Club’s financial year shall end on 31 October and the Board shall ensure that all financial statements shall be properly made up to that date.
Be altered to:
27.1 The Club’s financial year shall end on 31 December and the Board shall ensure that all financial statements shall be properly made up to that date.
- And that as a consequence 21.11 is amended as follows
21.11 An AGM shall be held annually on a date to be set by the Board, but not earlier than 30th November and not later than January 31st to coincide with the 31 October financial year.
21.11 An AGM shall be held annually on a date to be set by the Board, but not earlier than 31st January and not later than March 31st to coincide with the 31 December financial year.
To be effective from the current financial year commencing 1 November 2018.
Election of Board
Nominations are called for the following positions on the Sports Club Board.
Please note that the AGM appoints the sports board not the cricket or football committees, these have separate election processes.
The Board shall be concerned with the overall running of the clubrooms and shall monitor and control the financial operations of the club and its subsections. The Board shall not concern itself in the operations of the sporting codes under its control unless the welfare of the overall club requires board intervention.
Six positions available on the board:
- 4 General Board members
- 1 Secretary
- 1 Treasurer
(The Chair and Vice Chairperson are selected by the board by the 6 elected members)
All nominees must be financial members and must be moved and seconded by a financial member and should also have the acceptance of the nominee(if you are unsure if you are a financial member please email your details, along with child’s name and DOB).
Please note – the Bar and Kitchen will be open from 5.30pm on the 31st and will close at 7.15pm until the end of the AGM and will then reopen
Nominations close 24th January 2018 at 5.00pm. Nominees information will be placed on both Facebook and our Website
Voting via email closes Tuesday 30th January at 5.00pm using the attached Ballot paper via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Voting at the AGM will also be included, or via the letterbox on the bar